Sunday, April 8, 2012

new beginnings

Resolutions and new beginnings get a lot of hype around January 1st, but the hope of spring always seems to make more things possible so I prefer to use April 1st as the start of my yearly resolutions. (Also, it is my birthday which is more important to me than a new calendar year.) This past April Fools' Day I turned 24 years old and moved into my very first apartment sans roommate. Settling into the new place over the last week has felt like a fresh start and has strengthened my resolve to explore new possibilities and have a year of positive growth.

I'm not sure where this year will lead me, but my hope is that next year, on my 25th birthday, I will be able to look back on this entry and definitively say that my life has improved and that I am happier. (And if nothing else, writing is supposed to be the new super therapy tool.)

Happy new year to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment